Monday, April 3, 2023

Standing on Our Shoulders

As a educator today I do feel like you will get resistance from students when you ask them to do something or do a task or even participate in the classroom. Students might be shy or not want to be wrong. Others might just not have the right attitude that day. I especially see this in middle school education. As a parent I would want my kids to participate in class and be engaged in the learning. Some first steps I would do to build a learning community that what to make my students have more contributing factors in learning is one; have a safe and engaging learning environment. Then get what interest the students and incorporate it in my lessons. Make learning fun and "not boring" to them. For example when I was in school we started class with a game of Kahoot and that got us motivated and wanting to learn. I also like interactive notebooks for students. Also working in higher grade levels I do feel like it is important to give that student their own space at certain times yet motivate them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Podcast!!!

  Charlie Brown Podcast  <------ Click Here!!!!